Learn how to break quitting into manageable steps. You can reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke, while managing cravings and withdrawal symptoms with a NICORETTE® product.
For fast relief of nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Nicotine is absorbed quickly into your body.
- Fastest craving relief available*
- *Compared to other NICORETTE® products
- Makes you 2.5x more likely to quit*
- *Tonnesen P, et al. Efficacy and safety of a novel nicotine mouth spray in smoking cessation: A randomised, placebo-controlled, double blind, multicentre study with 52-week follow up
How to Use
- Push the black button down until you can push it lightly inwards.
- While pushing the button in, slide upwards and continue until the top of the dispenser locks into place.
- Before using for the first time, prime the pump by pressing the top firmly into a tissue until a fine mist appears. If you don’t use the spray for a couple of days, you may need to repeat this step.
- Press the top of the dispenser firmly to release one spray into your mouth either under your tongue or on the inside of your cheek, avoiding your lips. For best results, wait a few seconds before swallowing. Do not inhale the spray – it shouldn’t spray into your throat.
- To close the dispenser, slide the button down until it can be pushed lightly inwards. Then, while pushing in, slide down to lock.
Ready to quit smoking? Use the spray whenever you feel the urge to smoke to help you quit for good. Over time, you’ll need to use the nicotine spray less in order to control your cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
If your cravings do not disappear with one spray, use a second one.
Use this chart as a guide:
Week 1-6 Use 1-2 sprays when you would normally smoke a cigarette or have cravings to smoke (1-2 sprays every 30 minutes to 1 hour). Do not use more than 4 sprays/hour for 16 hours or 64 sprays/day. Week 7-9 Start reducing the number of sprays per day. Week 10 to 12 Gradually reduce to 2-4 sprays per day and then stop use.
Gradually increase mouth spray use (do not use more than 4 sprays per hour for 16 hours, or 64 sprays per day) and reduce smoking with the aim of stopping by 6 months. If you have not cut down at 6 weeks or stopped at 9 months, see your doctor or pharmacist.
If you have relapsed with a single nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or if you have cravings with a single use NRT, you could try the Dual Support method.
Use NICORETTE® nicotine mouth spray in addition to NICORETTE® 16hr INVISIPATCH®, for better craving relief. Use the NICORETTE® 16hr INVISIPATCH® as directed for all day craving relief and use 1-2 sprays of NICORETTE®QuickMist to relieve breakthrough cravings (do not use more than 2 sprays per hour for 16 hours, or 32 sprays per day). After 12 weeks reduce use of nicotine patch or mouth spray.
See How to Use QuickMist
Where to Buy